Happy April my pets! At this very moment, William, Kate, and George are en route to New Zealand to kick off their highly anticipated tour for three weeks. My how time flies, it feels like only yesterday that Kensington Palace made the official announcement and now here we are. Due to the mammoth size of the tour and the fabulous detailed coverage that we will provide on a daily basis, KUWTC will be taking a hiatus until the Cambridges return to the UK. However, before I say my teary goodbye, we have some catching up to do from this week!
- March 31- Monday blues! Everyone hates Mondays, even if you are the future Queen of England. To make things a little more enjoyable, Kate decided to pop into the GAP and pick up some cute items for her baby boy George! The yummy mummy purchased a green plaid bodysuit with a collar, jean shorts, two navy and white striped babygros, and gray and navy striped trousers. Kate herself was wearing a long-sleeved black shirt, abstract printed “Maria” skirt from Whistles, black stockings, and black boots. The Duchess of Cambridge was only in the store for approximately 20 minutes before her bodyguards escorted her to her car. No doubt Prince George will look as cute as a button in his new clothes!
- April 3- What’s in a name? Everything when your name is Prince George! If the latest Cambridge family portrait wasn’t enough to melt our hearts like a pat of butter, then the little blue jumper with “George” written across the chest surely did us in. On Thursday, it was revealed that Welsh brand Corgi Hosiery made the cashmere sweater for George and gave it as a gift to Prince Charles in hopes that the young Prince would wear it. The brand received a Royal Warrant in 1989 from HRH The Prince of Wales and has a longstanding relationship with the royal family. Too cute for words!
- April 4- Seraphine profits soar! Thanks to Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, maternity brand Seraphine has quadrupled their profits since Kate was seen wearing their Fuchsia Knot Front Maternity Dress. The Duchess proudly displayed the bright colored frock after giving birth to Prince George in their first family portrait. Since that iconic moment, the business has been booming and reaping the benefits of the “Kate effect”. The dress sold out within two hours of the picture being released and has been the go-to brand for mothers and mums-to-be around the world. With three stores in London, the brand plans on opening two more locations within the UK and a store in New York. International success achieved!
- April 4- The British are coming! It seems like the whole world has fallen in love with Britain, and that is in huge part to Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge. The impact she has had on the fashion world is huge, and it continues to grow with each passing day. This time, maternity store Pea in the Pod (cutest name ever) has jumped on the Kate bandwagon and is featuring a “Best of British Style” promotion featuring great British designers such as Isabella Oliver, Seraphine, Hudson, and even nail polish gurus Butter London. There are fun in-store events in NY and NJ so stop by if you’re in the area for a smashing good time!
- April 5 – Time for some bling! On Saturday, it was revealed that New Zealand based jewelry designers Tory & Ko. sent some pieces to Kensington Palace for Kate to peruse, and were pleased to hear that she chose four pieces to wear on the tour. The items include three sets of earrings, and a necklace from the “Pretty” and “Bespoke” collections. Tory & Ko. are based in Wellington, New Zealand which is one of the areas that William, Kate and George will be based while away. We can’t wait to see these gorgeous baubles in person!
- April 6: WWKD’s very own Christine has been interviewed for USA Today. Christine shared her thoughts on the social and political impacts of the upcoming tour, as well as her affections for George’s chubby cheeks. This royal tour, compared to North America in 2011 and Southeast Asia in 2012, is garnering an incredible amount of media interest – with nearly 450 accredited journalists following the tour in New Zealand and Australia. Check out the article here.
This week’s repliKate is a great match for the Jack Wills “Debarn” blouse and is only $29.95 at H&M!
***TOUR COVERAGE BEGINS AT 8PM EST TONIGHT***
- NEW ZEALAND/AUSTRALIA TOUR. PLEASE REFER TO OUR TOUR GUIDE SO YOU DON”T MISS A THING!