Various reports indicate that Kate enjoys juicing because it helps her maintain a healthy lifestyle while also serving as a catalyst to lose the weight gained during pregnancy.
Even if you aren’t looking to lose weight, you can still buy or prepare juice in order to get the fruits and vegetables you need to balance a healthy diet. Why not try it out for yourself with these two recipes below? We tried them and now we’ll be incorporating this into our weekly meal preparation routine!
Breakfast Banana Green Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup ice
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, or to taste
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 banana
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, or to taste
Put spinach, banana, carrot, yogurt, ice, and honey in a blender; blend until smooth.
WWKD Tip : Try adding strawberries, a little 2% milk, or Almond Coconut milk to switch things up from time to time!
Superfood Berry-Green Smoothie
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup spinach, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 clementine
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
Place almond milk, clementine, raspberries, spinach, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, blueberries, and protein powder in the blender, respectively. Blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds.
WWKD Tip: Try substituting kale for the spinach if desired. If using fresh – not frozen – fruit, you may need to add a few ice cubes in order to thicken the smoothie up.
Latest posts by Suzanne (see all)
- Cooking with Catherine : Crushed Broad Bean and Goat Cheese Bruschetta - April 18, 2017
- Cooking with Catherine : Royal Gnocchi - January 26, 2017
- Cooking with Catherine: Traditional Apple Pie - November 24, 2016