“I’m late, I’m late! For a very important date!” This edition of of KUWTC might be tardy like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, but with all of the events this weekend, making a fashionably late entrance seemed just right. Whether you’re polishing off your Sunday roast or sound asleep, some royal news is here to make Monday go down a bit smoother…
- November 7- Bit of Holiday shopping? On Friday, the Duchess of Cambridge was spotted in the Peter Jones department store, and more specifically the kitchen department! One lucky lady noted that Kate was wearing a black sheepskin coat, a red patterned dress, black knee-high boots, and her hair was swept up. Those who know Catherine’s wardrobe like the back of their hand, knew immediately that the coat she was wearing was the Temperley “Odele” coat. Some Christmas cookie cutters perhaps?
- November 8- Kate shows her refined side! On Saturday, William and Catherine attended the 50th anniversary of the Pembroke Refinery in Wales. Pembroke is an oil refinery that was officially opened in 1964 by Her Majesty the Queen. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met with staff, toured the building, and even got to make their own blend of gasoline! Kate kept things simple and conservative in a pale blue coat with gold buttons and double pocket detailing by Matthew Williamson. She wore black opaque stockings, suede boots by Aquatalia, and her green amethyst earrings by Kiki McDonough. Underneath her coat, she wore a Hobbs animal print dress and carried her Stuart Weitzman “Muse” clutch. After the Pembroke Refinery visit, Will and Kate moved onto a rugby match played by Wales and Australia…rooting for Wales of course! For more on the day’s events click here.
- November 9- Somber Sunday- This Sunday is known as Remembrance Sunday, and William and Kate attended the annual ceremony at Whitehall’s Cenotaph in London. This day marks the 100th anniversary that World War I began and honors fallen service men and women. As tradition, Kate stood on the balcony with the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex and watched the service. Catherine wore a custom version of an Alexander McQueen black coat, a black hat, her sapphire and diamond earrings, and “Empress” diamond pendant by Mappin & Webb. Her red poppy pin was the final and most important touch. For all those lost, we will remember…
Pale green earrings like Kate’s Kiki drops are a perfect addition to add a little glam to an everyday look…try these!
- November 12- On Wednesday, Kate will attend a workshop at the Human Performance Lab. As patron of SportsAid, she will meet with different athletes and watch them undergo various testing.
- November 13- On Thursday, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend a benefit for the Royal Variety Charity. The variety show will include performances by various artists and will be televised in December on ITV.
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016