WOW what an amazing week! Great events, great fashion, and some extraordinary news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are coming to America! This is what Royal watching is all about…
- November 11- Bragging rights! On Tuesday, a very special article came out in USA Today featuring our very own website! Our wonderful editor Christine shared some of the best and most popular RepliKates (a word we are proud to say we created) proving that you don’t need to BE Royalty to FEEL like Royalty!
- November 12- Chic and sporty! On Wednesday, Kate attended the SportsAid Athlete Workshop in London which is held annually to raise awareness and test the performance levels of the athletes through various activities. A keen sportswoman, the Duchess of Cambridge looked delighted to spend the day speaking with young men and women who are currently training for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics. For the event, Kate looked casual and comfortable in a crepe shirt-dress by Goat in a deep eggplant hue, new suede boots by Stuart Weitzman for Russell & Bromley, and her popular “Muse” clutch by Stuart Weitzman. I wonder if the new little Prince or Princess will be just as fond of sports as Kate is?!
- November 13- Hollywood glamour is back! On Thursday evening, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge put on their Sunday best for the Royal Variety Performance at the Palladium Theater in London. This annual concert benefits the Entertainment Artistes’ Benevolent Fund, or otherwise known as the Royal Variety Charity. The evening brought out a bevy of performers and legends such as Bette Midler, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Ellie Goulding, and Ed Sheeran. William and Catherine looked like the perfect couple in their coordinating black ensembles. The Duchess chose a lace gown by Diane Von Furstenberg, Jimmy Choo “Cosmic” pumps, a beaded clutch, and her Kiki McDonough aquamarine hoops. To show off the beautiful details of the dress, Kate wore her hair up (as we all squealed with excitement!)
- November 14- Start spreading the news…Will and Kate are coming to NY! After rumors were abuzz that the royal couple were making their way to the States, it was confirmed on Friday that they are in fact visiting the East Coast! The trip will take place between December 7-9 and cover many events over the short time frame. Sadly, Prince George of the Chubby Cheeks will stay home in England while his parents take a bite out of the big apple. I may or may not have a plan to stalk them whilst they are in my city…possibly…OK probably…
- November 14- Heartbreaking news…Along with the good comes the bad, and after it was announced that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would be visiting New York City, we learned that Fabian Bate, just 12 years old, had passed away. William and Catherine had visited Fabian in September of 2011 where he was a patient at the Royal Marsden hospital. Diagnosed with Leukemia in 2006, Fabian had a long and arduous battle that was made slightly better when the Cambridges spent some time with him. The Duchess of Cambridge had sent Fabian a very touching letter, so much so that the letter was beside him as he was laid to rest. We can often get caught up in the glitz and glamour of the royal lifestyle, but we must not forget how William and Kate use their power to give back and touch lives. Rest in peace dear Fabian…
- November 15- Kiki gushes about Kate! A name you’ve heard a thousand times, Kiki McDonough is the go-to jeweler for the Duchess of Cambridge, and she recently shared her thoughts on one of her best clients. In an article by the Daily Mail, Kiki says that Kate “…is a busy working mother, and I design jewellery that goes with that lifestyle”. From colored stone drops to diamond studs, the brand is perfect for everyday errands, or a fancy cocktail party. To read more on what Ms. McDonough had to say about Kate, click here!
This gown by Adrianna Pappell is a dead ringer for Kate’s Diane Von Furstenberg and at a fraction of the price!
- November 19- The Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Place2Be Wellbeing in School Awards at Kensington Palace. Kate is Patron of Place2Be and this is their first annual award ceremony.
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016