I’ve never met a person that didn’t like pizza. It’s one of those foods that everyone enjoys, even the future King and Queen of England! After Prince George’s birth, a royal guard was seen entering the Lindo Wing with two pizzas, which we can assume Kate and Will ate in celebration of their new arrival.
- Bring the dough to room temperature before you use it.
- Keep lots of flour on hand to coat the dough, your hands, the rolling pin, and the table.
- Work the dough into a ball, then pull back edge pieces and tuck them into the back to create a smooth surface on top.
- Hold the ball vertically, pinching the top edges and rotating the dough in a circle. This will begin to stretch it out.
- Once it’s about 8 inches wide, toss it down on a floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin. Then flip it and roll out the other side.
- Then you should be able to stretch it out the final bit using your knuckles underneath the dough.
Serve your pizza with a side salad for a lovely dinner at home for two!
1 Store Bought Pizza Dough Ball
4 Tomatoes, chopped
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons of fresh Oregano, chopped
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2-pound of fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, torn into chunks
Handful of fresh Basil Leaves, torn
Preheat the oven to 425F. Spray a large pan down with the Cooking Spray and sprinkle Cornmeal on it, lightly coating the pan. Spread your pizza dough out on the pan (using my method above to stretch it), working it into the corners.
Mix the Tomatoes in a bowl with the Garlic, Oregano, Olive Oil, and Salt and Pepper to taste. Scatter the Tomato mixture on top of the dough leaving an inch boarder clear. Top with the Cheese and Basil and drizzle the pizza with a bit of Olive Oil.
Bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes, or until the base is golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
*** Shawn is a contributing writer for What Would Kate Do. She also writes her own blog, The Healthy Helping, sharing her favorite recipes and musings on food. ***