BREAKING NEWS: The Duchess of Cambridge got a haircut.
Haven’t you heard? Okay, so maybe it isn’t a CNN headline, but we were thrilled to see Kate sporting fresh layers and a glossy cut during last week’s events. The Duchess of Cambridge has freshened up her signature ‘do with a new haircut.
Recently, Kate has received mixed reviews for her hairstyles, and a new cut might have been the cure! Her old look involved long layers and long angles, but this new cut reminds us of her bouncy blowouts from 2011.
If you’re looking to get Kate’s cut, bookmark this post, take screenshots, and show talk to your stylist about exactly what you want.
What to ask for:
- A classic cut with angled layers in the front and long layers in the back
- The shortest layer (in the front) should fall at your shoulders. The longest layer (in the back) should touch the bottom of your shoulder blade
- Ask for fun, bouncy layers in the front to highlight your gorgeous face
- Long layers in the back keep things classic and versatile
To get that bouncy style:
- Kate uses Kerastase products and Keratin treatments. Consider using Keratin products to get that bounce and shine
- Ask your stylist for tips on a perfect blowout and practice at home
- Use a round-barreled brush to get those bouncy locks
- Learn to love shine spray!
Take along these pictures to show your stylist:
What do you think – do you love Kate’s new style, or prefer something else? Will you be repliKate-ing this look? Let us know!
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- Getting Ready for Christmas with Kate - December 3, 2018
- DIY Leaf Crowns inspired by Kate’s visit to Sayer’s Croft Trust - October 3, 2018
- Prince Louis’ Christening - July 9, 2018