This week, Kate the Duchess of Cambridge mixed business with pleasure, and took on two very important roles: One role involved some of the world’s greatest stars, and the other involved a star in his own right…read more to find out!
- February 17- Ravishing in red! On Monday evening, Catherine accompanied the Queen at a reception for the Royal Academy of the Dramatic Arts at Buckingham Palace. The Queen, who has been patron of RADA for 60 years, co-hosted the event with Kate which featured a who’s who of the film, and theater industries. Kate decided to break out her red Alexander McQueen dress that she wore last June during the Jubilee and accessorized with gold chandelier earrings by Temple of Heaven, and her satin Prada pumps. To hold all of her necessities, she chose her Anya Hindmarch “Maud” clutch in matching satin. In addition to rubbing elbows with some of Hollywood’s biggest stars such as Dame Helen Mirren, and Sir Roger Moore, the Queen and the Duchess were treated to many performances throughout the evening. Julian Fellowes was also in attendance; perhaps he gave Kate some Downton Abbey spoilers for next season? We know she is a fan!
- February 18- Returning the favor! On Tuesday, reports surfaced that this past Sunday, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince George left London to attend a ceremony at St. Barnabas Church in Mayland, Chelmsford. The cause for the mass was to celebrate the christening of Kate and William’s university friend Ollie Baker’s son. Many of you will remember that Ollie Baker is one of Prince George’s Godparents, so naturally Oliver and his wife Mel chose Kate to be Godmother of their child. Mixing in with the regular parishioners, William, Kate, and baby George left their titles at the door to blend seamlessly with other guests and to honor the important event in the newborn’s life. The Reverend noted that ” There were several babies present, and all very well-behaved.” So much for George’s lion’s roar!
- February 21- Kate’s new mum necklace identified! On Friday, the designer of Kate’s charm necklace that she wore on a shopping trip some months after Prince George was born has been identified as a piece from Merci Maman. The necklace which was a gift from sister Pippa, features three charms that include a small heart with an engraved “W”, a large disc with George’s full name, and a charm in the shape of a little boy. For those of us who don’t have a little Prince, there are other charm selections that are equally as adorable!
- No official engagements announced at this time, but here’s hoping!
- February 24-We have something very exciting to tell all of you WWKD readers!….but we can’t…until tomorrow…so be sure to check back for this EXCLUSIVE news (Did someone say promotion?!)
- February 27- Love L.K. Bennett? Who doesn’t? Brittany from Repli-Kate It and L.K. Bennett are hosting a fabulous Spring stylist event at the Los Angeles Beverly Center from 6pm to 8pm. Sip some champagne and nibble on some canapes as you try on some of the season’s hottest new items. Guests will receive 20% off their Spring 2014 collection and be entered into a $100 gift certificate drawing. Not in La La land? No problem, just ring up the store to enjoy the offer!