With just ten days left until Father Christmas wishes he had eaten less carbs so he could fit down the chimney, these days and hours have been filled with merry chaos trying the decorate, shop, and get things in order for the Holiday. No doubt Kate is doing the same- however being a Royal, she had some important engagements to attend first!
- December 11- Back to business! On Wednesday, it was reported that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a board meeting in London on Tuesday for their Royal Foundation. The Foundation was formed by Prince Harry and Prince William in 2009, and in 2011 upon the marriage of William and Catherine, Kate become an official patron as well. Prince Harry was unable to attend as he was trekking to the South Pole this week but I am sure The Duke and Duchess will fill him in as he thaws out by the fire upon his return!
- December 11- Digging Downton! There had been reports last year that William and Kate enjoyed quiet nights in with some Downton Abbey episodes on the telly, but now it has been confirmed! On Wednesday, it was revealed by Allen Leech (the hot Irish Rebel Tom Branson) that he had met The Duke of Cambridge at an event, and Wills divulged that he’s an avid watcher saying “I’m a huge fan of the show-only now that my wife’s had a baby”. Come on William, don’t pretend that you haven’t been a fan since The Dowager Countess delivered her first zinger some three years ago!
- December 11- Respectful duty calls! On Wednesday, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge paid a visit to South Africa House in London to sign the book of condolences in honor of Nelson Mandela’s passing. This visit was not announced publicly, but photographers who happened to be there captured William and Catherine entering the building. Kate recycled a black skirt-suit with tiny white polka dots that she had worn previously in 2007 and 2008. The outfit was perfect for the somber occasion, and she accessorized with her new diamond pendant from Mappin and Webb, Annoushka pearl earrings, and black suede pumps. However small the act may be, the couple wanted to pay their respects to a man they deeply admired.
- December 11- Temperley times three! The Duchess of Cambridge wore her Temperley ‘Amoret’ black lace gown for the third time on Wednesday evening when she and husband William attended the premiere of Sir David Attenborough’s “Alive” in 3D at the Natural History Museum. Kate, who became patron of the museum last year was there to witness the film being shown for the first time which depicts extinct animals come to life through 3D technology. In addition to her 3D glasses, Kate bedazzled herself with her new favorite diamond necklace by Mappin & Webb, and her much adored diamond earring and bracelet set. The couple shared some good laughs, and if anyone can make those nerdy glasses look good, it’s Will and Kate!
- December 14- Jump for George! On Saturday, it was reported that Kate had been doing some Christmas shopping for her little Prince. Her Royal Highness was spotted at the children’s clothing store Trotters picking up the aptly named ‘George’ navy wool jumper with a Union Jack flag on it, and a gray long sleeved t-shirt with an image of the Royal Guardsmen. Trotters recommends wearing the jumper “…for afternoon tea with the Queen”…that’s Great-Granny to you George!
- No official engagements have been announced for next week, stay tuned!
Have you sent your Christmas card to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge yet? It’s not too late! Find out where to send your card and the proper etiquette to follow HERE. Will, Kate, and George will love it!
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016