This past year has been an incredible time for the royal family, but most importantly The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. 2013 brought amazing memories, fantastic events, and – oh yeah – a baby. We couldn’t end the year without a spectacular review of Kate’s best moments.
There were so many wonderful things happening in 2013. While preparing this review, we wanted to highlight Kate’s dedication to her charities, her influence on style, her inspiration on our lifestyles, and her powerful impact on history. So, without further adieu, please enjoy our Duchess of Cambridge Year in Review.
Top 10 Moments of 2013
10. William, Catherine and Harry attended the 60th Coronation Thanksgiving Service.
The fabulous threesome returned to Westminster Abbey, the first time since the Royal Wedding, to celebrate Her Majesty’s 60th coronation anniversary. Kate was the epitome of demure, classic, stylish, and pregnant in a custom dress and coat. It was a beautiful moment in history.
9. She played volleyball.
In 6 inch wedges. And skinny jeans. Three months after giving birth. On a whim. Kate visited workshops in honor of SportsAid to support young athletes.
8. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge glammed up for the first time since becoming parents.
And it was just so glittery. Kate inspired us all to be yummy mummies at the Tusk Conservation Awards. William and Kate are huge supporters of conservation throughout the world.
7. Kate showed off her lullaby skills.
The Duchess of Cambridge visited Shooting Star House Children’s Hospice and participated in a sing-a-long, assuring us that George is well taken care of. She also visited with terminally ill children and their families, offering support and care during such a difficult time.
6. Kate met baking babe Mary Berry.
We all went and bought her cookbooks and baked her brownies, just to be like Kate! Don’t lie. You did. Kate, William and Mary met with families bereaving for their young children. The cause is very close to William and Catherine’s hearts.
5. Kate and William took up Wizardry
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited Warner Bros. Studios and showed off their wizarding skills in a heated duel. We think Kate won.
4. We watched the Lindo Wing doors.
We bet you never thought a pair of doors would be so nerve wracking. An entire month was spent staring at these doors, creating fond memories of the Great Kate Wait 2013.
3. Kate had everyone waiting, even Her Majesty.
The Queen made a cheeky comment that the baby better hurry up! He almost interfered with her vacation! While the royals went on engagements, we sat and waited, and waited, and waited.
2. Prince George is christened into the Christian faith.
The Royal family joined together with the Middleton family and close friends of William and Kate to celebrate George’s christening. It was an amazing moment in history!
1. The Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to a baby boy.
It was by far the best moment of 2013, bringing joy, happiness, and tears to all of us. Kate and William proudly present Prince George to the world.
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guides: Presents for Rebecca Deacon - November 28, 2015
- 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guides: Presents for Lupo! - November 24, 2015
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Visit Wales - November 20, 2015