Kate has been widely accredited for bringing sexy back … to the hosiery industry. A few years ago, tights/stockings/nylons/pantyhose were only for the super-conservative or super-elderly and only on church days. Now, thanks to the Duchess of Cambridge, there has been a resurgence in nude tights.
The nude tight is a year-round staple. They add an extra layer (albeit thin) of warmth in the winter, and are light enough to be comfortable in the summer. Tights are appropriate for business meetings, girls-night-out, date night, and Sunday mass, making them a serious wardrobe staple.
Why Kate (and every other woman) loves tights:
- They are makeup for your legs, covering imperfections, lessening the appearance of bruises, and giving a lovely sheen
- They make your shoes look, feel and fit better – and often protect against uncomfortable blisters
- Control-top tights shrink, flatten, tighten and improve our bellies. Whether your tummy is flat or flabby, control-top tights will improve your overall shape and look.
After many months of sleuthing, it was identified on the North American Tour in 2011 that Kate wears John Lewis Barely There Non-Slip tights. While she may switch between many brands, these have been spotted many times. Their non-slip gel grips are a dead giveaway!
The tights are available for £5.00, roughly $8.20, and international delivery is available for a mere £7.50. While the tights are sheer and thin, they are high quality hosiery. Carly from Kate Middleton Style recommends caution with their sizing, as they seem to run a bit small. Stock up for the season in nude and black! And while you’re ordering from John Lewis, pick up Kate’s Azuni earrings.
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- Replikate-ing in the Country: Featuring N. Peal London - May 26, 2017
- The Royal Family Attends Iraq and Afghanistan Memorial Service - March 9, 2017
- Shopping with Kate on Net-A-Porter - March 2, 2017