The weather is starting to get cooler, but the Duchess of Cambridge is getting hotter and hotter! In what marked her first official appearance since the birth of Prince George, William and Catherine stepped out and dazzled us all in what will mark the beginning of a new chapter in their Royal lives…
- September 11- Art fit for a future King! On Wednesday it was reported that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge happily accepted a painting by Tazia Fawley, who is a talented British painter with Down Syndrome. The painting which is entitled Rupert Flies Over the Suspension Bridge depicts Rupert Bear (a popular British children’s character) looking over the bridge with colorful hot air balloons in the skyline. The charity organization Heart and Sold which promotes artwork of people with Down Syndrome contacted St. James’ Palace and offered the painting as a gift to hang in Prince George’s nursery. This beautiful piece of art would make a lovely addition to any child’s nursery but especially George’s since he loves bright colors!
- September 11- The Royal nanny has been chosen! Due to a recent outing with Kate and George, it can be confirmed that the nanny who will aid in the royal nappy changing is Jessica Webb. Jessica, or Jessie as she is known to family and friends was seen with The Duchess of Cambridge and will be on board to help the new couple with child care part-time. The 71 year old is not just your average woman, but has a rich history with the Duke of Cambridge and his brother Prince Harry as she was their former nanny! Miss Webb looked after the boys in the early 1990’s and has proven to have played an important role in their lives. Although retired for many years, William and Catherine sought out her help for little George, and she could not turn them down. Being trustworthy and loyal are very important to William and Kate, so to have someone who possesses these qualities is both reassuring and comforting.
- September 12- That’s a wrap folks! On Thursday, Kensington Palace announced that after seven-and-a-half years in the military, The Duke of Cambridge has given up his role as an RAF search and rescue pilot and will begin to focus on more charities and royal duties. In what was described as a “transitional year”, William will explore public service options and focus on his charitable projects, mainly in conservation. As President of United for Wildlife he will focus on illegal wildlife trade alongside some of the world’s largest environmental organizations. Many were surprised at Prince William’s decision to end his military career since he always expressed such a love for it, but now that he has a new son, his priorities have changed. This new path will allow him more time with George and to help him prepare to become a full-time working Royal.
- September 12- She traded spit-up for sequins! The event we had all been waiting for arrived on Thursday at the inaugural Tusk Awards. Prince William is a patron of the wildlife conservation charity Tusk Trust, and the event honors those individuals who have demonstrated outstanding work in the conservation efforts. Kate joined her husband at the event as it marked her return to royal duties from maternity leave, and she did not disappoint! Our jaws dropped as the new mum made her comeback in a pale gold sequined gown by favorite designer Jenny Packham, and her Jimmy Choo “Vamp” heels. With fresh, minimal makeup and a glossy blowout, Kate accessorized her look with a diamond bracelet and small diamond drop earrings seen at previous formal occasions. During the course of the evening Prince William said that George was at home with Nanny Webb, so don’t mind them if they checked their mobile phones to check on him! With what The Duke described as a cry that rivals a lion’s roar, he hopes that he can share East Africa with George someday and show him the place that Catherine and he fell in love with. A video with highlights of the evening can be found here.
- September 12- This is as good as it gets! Last week I mentioned that Madame Tussauds in Washington D.C. was going to unveil new wax figures of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and here they are! I think Kate is pretty on the money, but not so sure about William…What do you think?
- September 14- Kate says “I Don’t” to society wedding! On Saturday, the wedding between James Meade and Lady Laura Marsham took place near Kings Lynn, in Norfolk. The Cambridges are close friends with the couple as William has been friends with James since his days at Eton. Along with Prince Harry, it is said that James gave a speech at Will & Kate’s wedding so perhaps William will return the favor? Prince William was an usher, and Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton were also in attendance. While Kate’s family was kicking up their heels at the posh nuptials, Kate opted to stay close to home and George, and pop out for a short shopping trip. A lucky shopper spotted Kate at Peter Jones in Chelsea wearing her black skinny Topshop jeans, her Barbour field jacket, and her Mint Velvet Plimsolls. Maybe she was picking up some treats for Georgie?
- No official engagements have been announced for the week. In the meantime, don’t forget to tune into Max Foster’s interview with Prince William on CNN where he discusses fatherhood, and his wildlife conservation passion. “Prince William’s Passion: New Father, New Hope” premieres tonight on September 15th, at 10 pm ET.
- Feeling a change in your skin from the change in the weather? Use Kate’s secret weapon skincare mask! Enter to win a jar of Heaven Skincare’s Bee Venom mask!
What Would Kate Do? believes that Catherine and her family deserve a reasonable right to privacy. As such, we will occasionally decide to not report on unofficial sightings if we feel they infringe on her private life. For more information, please read our policy on privacy here.
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016