The last few days of September are upon us, and as the leaves begin to fall, we continue to fall more in love with the Cambridge family. While they kept a low profile this week as they were still on holiday at Balmoral, we look forward to their return to London in the coming weeks where they will begin a new chapter of their lives at Kensington Palace.
Last week update:
- September 22- The church bells are ringing! On Sunday, William was spotted driving himself and Catherine to mass in Scotland. The two were photographed heading to Crathie Church near Balmoral Castle where Queen Victoria started the tradition of attending mass there in 1848. The church has many Royal connections and is the chosen place of worship when the Royal family is on holiday at the Scottish estate. Paying homage to her surroundings, Kate was seen wearing her tartan “Workers Coat” by Moloh, a black hat by Lock and Company, and her Kiki McDonough citrine drop earrings. There were no signs of George in the back seat, however I am sure he was in good hands with Nanny Webb back at the castle!
- September 22- George is ready to spread his wings and fly! On Sunday it was reported that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge applied for Prince George’s passport so he can travel the world with his mum and dad. A trip next year to Australia and New Zealand is supposedly in the works as William expressed that he was “very hopeful” to visit last month at the Anglesey Show. More recently, the Prime Minister of New Zealand and his family were guests of the Queen at Balmoral and discussed visiting the country with Will and Kate. Although William has been there on many occasions, Catherine has never been there and is “very keen” to visit according to the Prime Minister. We hope Kate gets her wish because it would be so lovely to see Will, Kate, and George on the very same trip that Charles, Diana, and William took when he was a baby!
- September 27- A tale of two coats! Well, coat of arms that is…William and Catherine may have gotten married three years ago, but their individual coat of arms just got married on Friday! Kensington Palace announced that the College of Arms in London designed the joint coat of arms to represent William and Catherine’s Royal union. The new design features William’s shield on the left which displays the three lions of England, the lion of Scotland, and the harp of Ireland. Kate’s shield which is to the right of William’s, features three acorns that represent the three Middleton children, Kate, Pippa, and James. This coat of arms was granted to the Middleton family ahead of Will and Kate’s 2011 wedding. If their marriage wasn’t official before, it sure is now!
- September 27- Save the date! Kensington Palace announced on Friday that the christening of Prince George will take place on Wednesday, October 23 at the Chapel Royal in St. James’ Palace. Prince George will have just turned 3 months old the day before which is a common age for babies to be baptized. The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Reverend Justin Welby will conduct the service which will be an intimate, private affair with only the closest family and friends present. I know we all consider ourselves close friends of the Duke and Duchess, however this is one event we won’t get to witness. Don’t fret though, professional photographs will be made available afterwards and there is always the commemorative coin! Many were expecting the baptism to take place at Buckingham Palace as that is where William was baptized, however the couple known for paving their own path chose the Chapel Royal due to it’s small, private nature. The Chapel Royal was also where the coffin of the late Princess Diana laid before her funeral at Westminster Abbey which may also be a reason why the couple chose this venue. Still no word on the Godparents, so I am hoping that means I am still in the running!
- No official engagements have been announced. The couple is due to move into Kensington Palace within the next week.
Change in weather wreaking havoc on your skin? Take your skin on a holiday with Heaven’s Bee Venom Mask! Enter to win this FREE beauty must have that helps Kate achieve her envious glow. There are only a few hours left!
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016