Kate has always been known for leading a healthy lifestyle, and now that she has a new baby I am sure she is keen to continue that. One of her favorite ways to start the day is with a bowl of organic porridge. This warm, hearty meal is perfect on a chilly Fall morning or for when you don’t have much time because George is crying in the other room. This “recipe” couldn’t be any simpler and you can add toppings such as fresh fruit, cinnamon, nuts or whatever you fancy.
- 1 cup of organic porridge oats
- 2 cups of cold water or milk
- Any toppings you prefer
- In a saucepan slowly bring the oats and water/milk to a boil then simmer for 3 to 4 minutes stirring all the time.
I topped mine with a mix of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, along with honey and cinnamon. The recipe calls for either water or milk, but I always use milk because I find it gives the porridge a much more creamy texture. It is both filling and takes less than 10 minutes to make, so go on and start your day the Kate way!
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016