Back in February 2011, a few short months before the wedding of the century, Catherine had lunch with her then future step-mother in-law, Camilla’s daughter, and Kate’s sister Pippa to discuss wedding plans as any young bride would do before her big day. The foursome dined at Koffmann’s restaurant that is located in the fashionable Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge, which is the perfect place to satiate one’s appetite while discussing floral arrangements and menus! Kate is said to have dined on the sea bass for lunch which is a very healthy meal packed with lots of Omega 3 goodness.
Sea Bass can be prepared in a variety of different ways, but I chose this Mary Cadogan for BBC GoodFood recipe because of its ease, lightness, and fresh flavors:
- 3.5 TBS of butter
- 4 sea bass fillets
For the sauce:
- 3.5 oz of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp of small capers
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 TBS of olive oil
- handful of torn basil leaves, chopped chives, to garnish
- Line a grill pan with foil and brush lightly with butter. Brush the fish on both sides with butter and season. Lay on the foil, skin-side up. (I like to add lemon slices as well)
- Put the tomatoes and shallot in a pan with the capers, lemon juice and oil, and season.
- Grill the bass for 5-7 mins under a hot grill until just cooked and the skin is starting to brown. Meanwhile, warm the sauce through for 2 mins, then stir in some of the torn basil leaves. Lift the bass onto warmed plates using a fish slice and spoon the sauce around.
Look at those beautiful colors! I felt like I was in the Mediterranean when eating this dish. It is so light and fresh, and the capers and lemon give it just the right amount of acidity. This is the perfect end of Summer meal that does not require a lot of time and effort-something new mum Kate would surely appreciate!
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016