The wait is finally over, and boy was it worth it!! Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to a healthy, beautiful son and in the words of his father Prince William “We couldn’t be happier”.
- July 22- It’s time! In the wee hours of the morning, Catherine was admitted to St. Mary’s Hospital in the early stages of labor. Photographers were keen to capture the moment on film as they had been camped out for weeks, however William and Kate used a back entrance to ensure the utmost privacy. No woman wants her picture taken when she is doubled over in pain! After nine long hours and a lot of “hee hee hoo” breathing, Kate safely delivered a baby boy weighing 8lbs, 6oz. at 4:24 pm BST. The announcement was publicly made four hours later as the new parents wanted time to enjoy a cuddle with their bundle of joy. The official announcement was then delivered and placed on an easel in front of Buckingham Palace as the whole world rejoiced in the news of the future King!
- July 23- Baby Cambridge? Where for art thou Baby Cambridge? After the joyous news that Kate gave birth to a son, the world waited for the doors of the Lindo Wing to open and out come the family with their newest addition. After visits by both sets of grandparents, our wish came true. Shortly after 7 pm BST, Catherine and William stepped through the doors with Kate cradling their newborn son. Both parents were beaming with happiness as they posed for pictures and shared a few laughs and words with photographers. With a postpartum glow, Kate beamed in a blue and white polka dot dress by Jenny Packham, Pied a Terre “Imperia” wedges, and Kiki McDonough citrine drop earrings. After a few minutes of showing off Baby Cambridge, Will & Kate went back inside, fastened him to his car seat, and drove themselves back to Kensington Palace for their second night as a new family.
- July 24- By George I think we’ve got it! We all thought that it would take at least a week to hear the name of the new Prince, as was the case with his father William, however we were lucky enough to hear the news just two days after he was born! After Will, Kate and baby made their way to the Middleton’s Bucklebury estate where they are reportedly spending a few weeks time, news broke that Baby Cambridge’s name is George Alexander Louis. A perfect name for a future King, may you live a long and happy life Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge!
- July 24- The Royal Baby official commemorative collection has arrived! Royal Collection Trust has produced a range of china to celebrate the birth of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s first born child, Prince George of Cambridge. The collection includes a dessert plate, a pillbox, a small loving cup, and a limited edition loving cup. They all make beautiful keepsakes, who wouldn’t want to own
the whole collectionone?
- July 24- William and Kate blessed us with the gift of their baby boy, and now we can give back by donating to charity in lieu of gifts. The couple has asked that we take this opportunity to help a local children’s charity, or the Imperial College Healthcare Charity, which is the charity of St. Mary’s Hospital where Prince George was born. For more information on how you can help, please visit the Imperial College Healthcare’s website.
- It is being reported that official portraits of William, Kate, and Prince George will be taken within two weeks of his birth…stay tuned!
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016