The final piece from me in this travel series that we’ve got here on WWKD is a ‘what to wear when travelling‘ post. I took some time out on Polyvore (you can find all outifts, along with shops and prices here) to create four different looks, two of which are similar to previous outfits that the Duchess has worn when flying or at the airport but with a more comfortable twist. The other two outfits are looks that have similar tones, rather than styles, of which Kate has worn before – greens and blacks, again made to suit when travelling. I hope we’ve managed to inspire you with your outfits for when you next travel whatever your style is!
Bright Lights is the first look that I’ve put together with this yellow dress, inspired from the dress that we saw at Calgary Airport. At the knee, it’s conservative but I’ve matched it with a denim jacket to make it more modern. Colour blocking is an almost constant trend so I’ve also added in a bright royal blue bag and a pair of orangey-red flats.
Mermaid Hotel is inspired from what Kate wore at the Royal Albert Hall last year during an Olympic Gala. Again, I’ve added some flats, this time in black with some gold detail, and a black Prada handbag so that the dress, and the similar peacock earrings stand out.
Gris et Blanc is a slouchy and carefree look from when Kate holidayed with her family a few years back. The outfit oozes a casual feel but doesn’t look scruffy or unkempt. The straw hat adds to a holiday feel and the wedges bring some sophistication without being too silly for a flight.
Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll is a look that’s taken inspiration from when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended the Imperial War Museum in 2011 with Prince Harry. The glamour of the dress from that night can translate well into a leather-rock inspired look when done right. The leggings allow for comfort as well as the hi-top trainers and the Jack Daniels shirt is loose, so again leaning towards the comfort side of things. The bracelets and the leather bag add bring some sophistication but the leather jacket is what really pulls the look together, and will keep you warm if you find yourself in a freezing cold airport.
Top 5 Tips for in flight style!
- Don’t dress like a slob! You would never see Kate dressed like that. You want comfort, I get that, but you can do comfort with style and sophistication – plus nobody gets an upgrade dressed in sweats.
- Wear shoes that can easily be slipped on and off at security if needed. You don’t want to cause a huge pile up in the queue if you’re asked.
- Planes can be cold places so a little scarf or jacket wouldn’t go a miss!
- Too much jewellery and metal could set off the detectors at security so keep it to a minimum with some earrings and a bracelet, and make sure you remember what you have on so you don’t stand cluelessly not knowing how you possibly set it off.
- Sunglasses will help you to look fabulous if you end up looking less than fresh at the end of the flight so make sure you pack them!
Latest posts by Guest Submissions (see all)
- A Message on Kate and Kindness - March 9, 2017
- Tips for RepliKating on a Budget - February 28, 2017
- How Kate’s Chic Classic Country Style Inspires One Reader - February 23, 2017