Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge LOVES the High Street brand Hobbs. From her days as just “Kate,” to her very pregnant Duchess days, she wears the brand with true elegance.
Hobbs is a fantastic British brand. They pride themselves on being the best of British fashion – a touch of tradition mixed with a dash of modern. Founded in 1981, they started as a shoe shop and slowly expanded into the clothing, shoe, and accessory mecca that stands today. According to the Hobbs website, their style is inspired by British women’s needs:
Fusing Britain’s reverence for tradition and its tradition for irreverence, we take a chic, pragmatic approach to dressing.
Their prices run from moderate to save-up-for-three-months (but totally worth it!), so everyone can own a bit of Kate’s favorite brands. They also pride themselves on excellent quality – something that should be important to all of us, but is especially important to Kate. All of their designs come from their London studios and their shoes are crafted in Italy. Their clothes are also created to a higher standard of quality, making these pieces last for seasons to come.
Reasons we love Hobbs, just like Kate
- Their styles are just trendy enough to look “fashion forward,” but not enough to make us look like “trend whores.”
- Accessories and many clothing items are priced moderately, so all of us can afford a bit of one of Kate’s favorite brands.
- Sales run every so often, and they’re GREAT sales! Not a tiddly 20% discount, but great deals on great styles! Shipping to the US is a bit painful, so look out for sales to save you a bit of money.
- Every Friday, they have a fun competition called #ThankHobbsItsFriday. I may-or-may-not-okay-totally-did won a beautiful, duck egg blue Catherine scarf during one of these competitions. They were incredibly kind and shipped it to me in the US! You can enter just by retweeting and following them. Good luck!
Our current favorites at Hobbs
In the same print as Kate’s Dalmation Print Mac from the Princess Cruise Ship christening, you can rock a little of Kate’s glamour. Pair with skinny jeans, flats and a bold scarf (may I suggest the Catherine scarf?) for a super chic casual outfit.
This delicate, gold necklace sports a simple but intricate clover charm. The pendant is very similar to the Queen Mother’s clover broach, which Kate has been seen wearing. This will surely bring you luck every day, not just St. Patrick’s Day!
The aptly named “Catherine scarf” (the exact scarf I was privileged to receive!) is a great closet staple. As if the name wasn’t cute enough, the soft spun fabric is like butter in your hands. Kate is a big fan of scarves, sporting them often on her casual days.
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- Replikate-ing in the Country: Featuring N. Peal London - May 26, 2017
- The Royal Family Attends Iraq and Afghanistan Memorial Service - March 9, 2017
- Shopping with Kate on Net-A-Porter - March 2, 2017