Oh the joys of reigning over an entire country for 60 years! We all know what that feels like right? Well, perhaps not so much BUT, that doesn’t mean we can’t appreciate every ounce of dedication, pomp, and pageantry that it entails. While it was amazing to see all generations of the Royal Family supporting their Queen, we couldn’t help but admire the Duchess of Cambridge, knowing that one day this will all be hers.
- June 4- Vivat Regina Elizabetha! On Tuesday, The Duchess of Cambridge joined William and other members of the Royal Family for a special service in honor of the Queen’s 60th year since ascending to the throne. The mass took place at Westminster Abbey and religious officials from all over the UK were there to offer prayers and good intentions to Her Majesty the Queen. Catherine looked ethereal in a nude, lace dress by Jenny Packham, and a blush colored over coat. She accessorized with her LK Bennett pumps, Alexander McQueen clutch, and a hat by Jane Taylor which many of you will remember from last year’s service. This was the couple’s first visit back to the Abbey since their wedding in 2011 and I am sure it brought back many happy memories!
- June 6- Every couple needs his and her sinks and I guess Catherine agrees! According to Twitter, Kate was seen shopping for bathroom suites on Thursday for her new home at Kensington Palace. She was also spotted at Bernard Thorp in Chelsea browsing various fabrics and furnishings. She is pictured below in a royal blue dress and a bright magenta cardigan. Hmm I wonder what her decorating style is… shabby chic? country french perhaps?
- June 6- All aboard!! Later that day, Kate was spotted in the first class cabin of a train heading out of London. Some lucky passengers tweeted her whereabouts saying that she was very pleasant and engaged in some small chatter. She wasn’t alone however, and guess who was sitting on his fury little caboose beside her? Lupo! The royal pair’s destination was unconfirmed, but word is they got off at Chester to possibly transfer trains. I wonder if she wore her “Baby on Board” pin?
- On June 13, Kate will christen a Princess cruise ship the “Royal Princess” in South Hampton, England and be named the ship’s Godmother. Quite a fitting name don’t you think?
- On June 15th, Kate will attend the “Trooping of the Colour” ceremony which is the official celebration of the Queen’s birthday. It has been reported that this will be her last public appearance (tear!)
*Congratulations to Jo C. who was the lucky winner of our Mint Velvet giveaway, we hope you enjoy spending your £100! *