With Baby Cambridge almost ready to make his or her debut, we’re entering a phase where Kate will not be attending any more (scheduled) official engagements. It’s hard to believe how quickly time has flown by since the initial announcement but we figured there would be better time to review Kate’s maternity fashion choices made over the last 8 months.
Inspired by the British Vogue article “Katepedia” and her fashion choices over the years, I thought it would be fun to review all of Kate’s maternity fashion selections much the same way.
Some similarities with 42% came out in our Katepedia:
- Kate seems to have preferred black/white/gray patterns (such as at this past week’s cruise liner event) and greens wearing those combinations 42% of the time
- She also chose to wear hats 42% of the time
- She only wore her hair “up” once, at the St. Patrick’s Day events
I have to admit that I favour the less traditional color choices for Kate, preferring personally the light green Mulberry frayed coat from the National Scout Review and the yellow Emilia Wickstead coat from the Queen’s Garden Party.
Throughout the pregnancy, Kate favoured dresses not traditionally cut for pregnant women (Erdem at 7 months pregnant, anyone?) but that worked for her. She stuck to her style and adapted pieces around her belly – including her amazing coat wardrobe which must take up several closets in the palace.
What were your favorite Kate looks throughout the pregnancy?
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- Kate Kicks off Maternal Mental Health Awareness Campaign - March 23, 2017
- What Would Kate Do In Paris? - March 14, 2017
- Katherine’s #MyRoyalWeekend - February 27, 2017