April showers bring May flowers and of course the one and only Queen’s Garden Party! Buckingham Palace was brimming with hats, tea, and crumpets as Kate and other members of the Royal Family mingled and chatted with guests from all over the country.
- May 22: For the second year in a row, Kate attended the Queen’s annual Garden Party at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday. This event is one of the highlights of the Spring season where members of the Royal Family circulate with guests from all walks of life. According to the British Monarchy’s official website, “27,000 cups of tea, 20,000 sandwiches and 20,000 slices of cake are consumed.” My oh my talk about afternoon tea on a grand scale! Kate gave the flowers a run for their money as she looked brilliant in a daffodil colored coat by Emilia Wickstead, her R&B Park Avenue pumps, matching 5th Avenue clutch, and a previously worn white hat by Jane Corbett.
Doesn’t she look like she is having a lovely time? We know we would too if we ever had the honor of attending. One never knows what the future holds, so why not be armed with the proper etiquette in case that glorious day ever comes?
Previous week update:
- May 19: Who was seen browsing the grocery aisles at Waitrose this past Sunday? Kate that’s who! A local resident tweeted her excitement as she observed the Duchess in Kensington dressed in black skinny jeans, a floral top, and a pale blue cardigan. Catherine is no stranger to the kitchen, and it was reported that she is taking some cooking lessons from her new housekeeper Antonella Fresolone. Perhaps a delicious Italian feast was on the menu for her and Wills?
Congratulations to Laura T. who was the lucky winner of our Beulah Lookalike contest! Laura won the fabulous book entitled “William and Catherine: Their Story” for her entry of this graceful polka dot dress which we know Kate would approve of!
There is still time!! For those of you who haven’t entered our Mint Velvet Giveaway, what are you waiting for? Mint Velvet who designed those lovely gray plimsolls that Kate was sporting last week is giving away 100 GBP to spend on any item of your choice! The website is full of stylish pieces that would make a great addition to any closet, so don’t forget to enter, there is nothing to lose!
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016