Well it has been another quiet week for the Duchess of Cambridge, which is wonderful for her but certainly not as enjoyable for us! We will put our selfish needs aside however, and take a look at her outings this past week, and also update you on the wedding that William and Catherine attended last Saturday. Let’s take a peek shall we?
- May 11: Too pregnant to break a sweat on the dance floor? I think not. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge let their hair down Saturday at the wedding of their close friends William Van Custem and Rosie Ruck Keene. Witnesses said that the couple had a jolly good time busting out their dance moves late into the evening. The couple have been known to love twirling about on the dance floor, and it is nice to know that even with maturity and growing responsibilities, they still know how to have fun!
- May 12: On Sunday, William and Kate were seen lunching at The Mole & Chicken. The pub is located in Easington, which is not too far from Oxfordshire where the wedding was held the previous day. According to the website, “The 60 cover restaurant offers a blend of British and Mediterranean food using classical cooking techniques and fresh local produce.” It was reported that William had the risotto, while Kate opted for the traditional British fare of Fish and Chips. With the winning combination of delicious food and a cozy atmosphere, it looks like the perfect spot to spend a quiet Sunday afternoon.
- May 14: Lights, fabrics, and carpets oh my! Kate was photographed shopping at the Chelsea Harbor Design Center, in search for interior decorating ideas, and various furnishings to fill her new Kensington Palace apartment. The center features showrooms from top designers in all areas of home interiors such as wallpaper, rugs, and bespoke furniture. Kate managed to look both casual and chic during her trip as she sported skinny cuffed jeans, a short black jacket from ZARA, and a pair of suede dove grey sneakers by Mint Velvet. The trip must have been successful as a bag from Turnell & Gigon was seen hanging from her arm. Draperies for the little Prince or Princess perhaps?
- May 17: On Friday, a young man from Bath took to Twitter to announce that he just had a lovely chat with the future Queen of England! Kate was seen taking a leisurely walk with Lupo and was friendly enough to engage in a conversation about none other than….roof thatching? Yes, I said roof thatching. Not sure how the two got on this topic, but for those of you who are less familiar with the term, thatching is a method of building roofs from straw. These roofs are very common in old English cottages and are quite picturesque, wouldn’t you say?
Attention denizens of WWKD! Our Royal Anniversary giveaway ended this past Monday and the lucky winner was Judy H. who selected 10 fabulous personalized note cards. The stationary was designed exclusively by LetterLoveDesigns and was created to emulate the Duchess of Cambridge’s own stationary. These lovely items can be purchased here and when checking out, don’t forget to enter the code “KATE15” to receive 15% off your purchase! If that isn’t enough of an incentive, she also ships internationally so lets take out our pens and keep the art of hand written notes alive!
Latest posts by Previous Contributors (see all)
- Mental Health: Sartorial Diplomacy and Female Speech - July 7, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: How to Be a Good Listener - March 18, 2016
- Monthly Mental Health: An Introduction to Children’s Mental Health Diagnoses - February 5, 2016