Happy Mother’s Day to all those who celebrate in the U.S. today and around the world! With no official engagements this week, our favorite mum-to-be kept a low profile with multiple personal outings in North Anglesey, and the English Countryside. These quiet moments are sure to be cherished as the baby’s due date nears.
- May 8: William and Kate were spotted by an Anglesey resident dining at The White Eagle. The White Eagle pub has been a local favorite of the couple’s since 2010 and is known for their excellent beer selection, great food and casual environment. Both William and Kate are keen to lead as much of a normal life as possible and a date night not too far from home fit’s the bill perfectly. Let’s hope the pub has highchairs so they can continue the tradition!
- May 9: A trip to the grocery store would normally be a mundane detail to share, but not when it involves the Duchess of Cambridge! A lucky employee spotted Kate shopping in a pair of (gasp) plimsolls by FLOSSY. The usually fashion conscious princess gave her heels a rest and opted for a comfortable pair of slip-ons. The brand is currently sold across Europe and the Middle East but will be making a debut in the U.S. soon. If the shoes are good enough for Kate, then they are good enough for us common folk too!
- May 11: Is it me or am I seeing spots? The Duchess of Cambridge looked perfect in polka dots once again as she recycled her TopShop dress and Ralph Lauren jacket that was seen at the Warner Bros. Studio opening last month. This time around Kate updated the ensemble with a black and white fascinator as she and William attended the wedding of old friends William Van Custem and Rosie Ruck Keen. The ceremony took place in Ewelme, South Oxfordshire which is approximately an hour outside of London. The couple must have worked up an appetite on the long drive as they were seen getting a bite to eat a local pub before the nuptials.
In other news:
- William and Kate will no longer have to worry about rocking their baby to sleep because Paul Mealor, who composed the music for the couple’s 2011 wedding has created a lullabye especially for the young Prince or Princess. The beautiful song is entitled “Sleep On” and is sung by classical singer Hayley Westenra and can be heard here at the 3:00 minute mark. I am getting sleepy already…
- The position has been filled! Antonella Fresolone who has been a loyal servant to the Queen for many years, has now been hired by the Duke and Duchess to be the new Housekeeper at their Kensington Palace apartment. The couple placed an ad this past January looking for someone trust-worthy to fulfill the role. The duties will include laundry, light cooking, running errands, and caring for the Royal pup, Lupo. Ms. Fresolone started the position two weeks ago and no doubt will have her hands full come July!
See you next week for all of your Cambridge family news! I in the meantime, will be stalking Prince Harry in the States…