For up to the minute (literally) coverage on this Royal Tour, best place to check out is Twitter. You can get updates on where the Royal couple is at essentially every second and there are some pretty amazing live photos. I can’t even imagine what the world was like before the internet with things like this. OK, well I can, but ugh. Having to wait until the next month’s issue of Royalty magazine came out? Torturous.
Here’s a look at their schedule for the next few days wonderfully put together by WhatKateWore.
While travellng around, wearing fancy clothes, having your hair done and being greeted by the world’s elite seems like a pretty glamorous thing to the majority of us, the truth is that this is really a part of Kate’s work. As a full-fledged member of the Royal family, engagements and tours like this are work related as you go from function to function and are there as representatives of the monarchy. Sure, it’s a glamorous job but it’s still a job. Kate has got this part of her job aced- looking and acting like a pro while doing it.
Some Kate lessons we can take from the tour so far… (Less than a day into it!)
- Always look the part you’re playing no matter if you just stepped off a plane and are exhausted. Kate and William arrived in Singapore after a 14 hour flight from London and were pretty much ready to go when they hit the ground. We’ve been on long flights before and trust us, it’s not an easy thing to pull off looking glamorous and camera-ready when you’re jet lagged and have been cramped in an airplane for hours on end. Sure, first class helps loads, but it’s still being cramped in an airplane.
- As we said in previous article about the little details and how she often plays homage to local designers, Kate wowed in an amazing Prabal Gurung dress which thrilled even the designer himself (below, image capture of the Twitter feed of the designer). Because of her amazing choices so far on the tour, she’s been a trending topic on Twitter and has gotten rave reviews. While we probably aren’t lucky enough to have designers pouring over our daily fashion choices, you can get in contact with them using Social Media to share with them your excitement over their clothing piece. They love to see people wearing their brand and will quite often share it out with their followers- great way to get your name out there!
- Recycle favorites and don’t feel bad about it. Kate’s so far had on new dresses (Yay for us!) but recycled some old favourites such as a diamond bracelet and her Anya Hindmarch clutch. There’s no shame in finding quality pieces that work for you, that you love, and rocking them for years to come!
Can’t wait to see what else this tour brings…
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- A Very Vintage Royal Collection - June 23, 2017
- Sailing Like the Duchess of Cambridge - June 8, 2017
- Would Kate Buy Designer… If she didn’t have a Princess Budget? - May 16, 2017