Kim Kardashian is not exactly known for being shall we say a classy lady. If you don’t believe me, let’s remember the reason why she’s famous: a sex tape which was released and then spun into a reality series about her family which has now spun into Kardashian-mania. Her busty outfits, skimpy dresses and figure flaunting frocks are not something that anyone would associate with Duchess Kate- and her new boyfriend, rapper Kanye West, is now apparently wanting Kim to be more like Kate- more precisely to copy her “poise and sophistication” and “tone down her make-up and fashion”
While we normally don’t even like to be
wasting time talking about the Kardashian sisters, it’s interesting to us that Kate is apparently now the idol of one of them. She should read this blog!
We think that there are a lot of things Kim can learn from Kate. WAY too many to count actually, but we’ll go with a lot. Here is our version of the big 3 for Kim:
- ‘Tis far better to leave something up to the imagination: While we are aware that there has been this small thing in the news lately (aka Kategate) about toplessness, Kim would do well to learn from Kate that there needs to be a private persona to every public person. For someone who, like Kate, has their entire image constructed on a public personality, Kim tweets, blogs and tapes for her show pretty much everything in her life. Kate is fighting for public figures to be able to maintain their private lives, which we utterly agree with.
- Kate is known for her classic make-up which is reserved and lets her natural beauty shine through. Kim, on the other hand is a fan of wearing lots of make-up and trying out different hairstyles. There is an elegant and sophisticated beauty to perfecting a look and sticking to it å la Kate.
- Cover up the ladies! On official business, Kate never shows more cleavage than we think is appropriate. Kim is a different story. We have heard a story from a friend of WWKD tell us that she once had her son awkwardly ask her in the grocery store line why Kim was “showing her boobies” on the cover of a magazine. Seriously, think of how your kids will feel in twenty years after seeing you all over the place. Wear clothes that flatter the figure (and Kim has a great curvy figure) but that also goes back to rule #1… “Tis far better to leave something to the imagination”
After some more searching, we discovered that Kate and Kim have (gasp) worn the same dress. Take a peek at how much better Kate looks!
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- Picture Perfect : Kate Attends National Portrait Gallery Gala - March 28, 2017
- Kate Kicks off Maternal Mental Health Awareness Campaign - March 23, 2017
- What Would Kate Do In Paris? - March 14, 2017